How do you fix application error 00xc0000142 in (Excel, word, Outlook, and PowerPoint) on windows 10 and windows 11 Outlook Error 0xc0000142, Excel Error 0xc0000142, Word Error 0xc0000142 and Outlook Error 0xc0000142.
The following error occurred after installing updates to a Windows 10 or windows 11 based PC with Office 2019/ 2021 / 365, where All MS Office applications doesn’t open and display the error: “The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142). Click OK to close application”.
5 Easy methods to fix application error 00xc0000142 in Excel, word, Outlook, and PowerPoint
Method 1. Uninstall Latest Windows or Office Updates.
To uninstall a Feature Update, go to Settings > Update & Security > Click on Windows Update > Click the View update history option > Click the Uninstall updates option> Select the Latest Windows or Office Updates and select Uninstall
Method 2 – running an SFC Scan to fix Error code 00xc0000142
SFC scan to fix the broken or corrupt files
- Open Windows Terminal in Admin
2.Type in SFC /scan now in the command window
3.Wait for the scan to finish.
You will get the following message on the command windows “Windows Resource Protection may indicate that the SFC program detected no integrity issues or found corrupt or broken files but could not repair some of them.
If SFC finds no issues, you can close now in Windows Terminal console.
If SFC finds any issue, type the command below in same window
DISM/Online /Clean-up-Image/restore health
Method 3 – Disabling Antivirus and defender to fix Error code 00xc0000142
How to temporarily disable Antivirus
- Open Antivirus application (McAfee or Norton or AVG) installed on the computer.
- Press to settings and go to real time protection
- Select Turn Off real time protection
- Navigate to Antivirus firewall and select Turn off Antivirus Firewall.
How to disable windows defender
- Open Windows Security
- Open Virus & threat in windows security window
- click to Manage settings, under Virus & threat protection
- Switch Real-time protection to Off
Method 4 – How to repair office apps
How to repair MS Office installation, follow these steps:
- Go to settings and apps or open control Panel and click on ‘Uninstall a program ‘
- Select Microsoft 365 or Office 2019 or Office 2021
Choose the ‘Quick Repair’ option and then proceed with the following steps on the screen to repair the MS Office installation
If this doesn’t fix the error, you may need to remove all Microsoft Office files in the PC and registry keys from the system. Then fresh install the MS office. You can use easy removal tool called Sara to remove all the office files from the computer, remove all Pervious Office Files and registry.
Method 5 – How to Uninstall and reinstall office
Use the Microsoft removal tool SARA.
1.Download Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant utility
- Run downloaded file SetupProd_OffScrub.exe application.
- Install Microsoft recovery tool.
- When the installation is completed, click Agree the term and conditions by clicking Yes.
- Wait until the ‘Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant’ troubleshooting the issue complete.
- Select the checkbox, at left of the Office product which you have name to select all installed Office products and click Next.
How to Reinstall Office
1.Open Office My Account by going http://www.office.com/myaccount and Login to Office account using your registered email ID and password.
2.Click on install Option under the Office product in your account.
3.Save the installer setup files if prompted and run it once download is completed.
4.Do not go offline or reboot the computer once installation is initiated.
5.Click on finish button once the program is installed completely.
You can also ask for System repair Image support or some Recovery help, we also restore your computer to a point when it was working fine without any issues. Feel free to chat with us for any support. Free assistance can be provided for all the basic troubleshooting without any additional resources.
Fix Error code 0x80072EFE in windows 10/11 update April 5, 2023