Error code 0x80096004 is a Windows 10/11 Update that commonly takes place when a user is attempting to install or replace an application on their windows computer. The error 0x80096004 message usually reads: “The certificates for the signer of the message is invalid or now not found.”
This windows 10 update error 0x80096004 can be precipitated by using a few exceptional issues, consisting of troubles with digital certificates, corrupt system files, or problems with the Windows 10/11 Update service. Here are some viable motives and options for this windows 11 update error code 0x80096004.
Digital certificates issues: The update error 0x80096004 can happen when the digital certificates used to signal the replace is invalid or expired. In this case, you might also want to contact the developer of the software or Microsoft guide for a valid certificate.
Corrupt device files: Corrupt machine documents or registry entries can forestall Windows from installing in updates correctly.
To restore this, you can strive running the System File Checker (SFC) device to scan and restore any broken system files.
- Open a command immediate with administrator privileges,
- And then kind the following command
- sfc /scan now.
Ns lookup for server
- open command prompt
- And press / kind ns lookup update.microsoft.com
The server title should have Microsoft in it, if it has continued the following steps, if it does now not have your PC is no longer connecting to Microsoft server, communicate to professionals on chat.
Now for the DISM scan
- Right press on Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator
- Type the guidelines and Press to Enter key after each command.
- exe /Online /Clean-up-image /Scan health
- exe /Online /Clean-up-image /Restore health.
- To shut the Administrator tab
- Press Exit in the Command Prompt window and then press Enter.
Restart Windows Update Services
- Windows Update provider issues: The windows 11 update error 0x80096004 can additionally appear when there are troubles with the Windows Update service.
- Click Windows key + R, kind services. MSc, and press Enter.
- Now find out Windows 10 Update service, Background Intelligent Transfer service, and Cryptographic services.
- Double-press on each one of them and then press on the Stop button at the down of the window.
- After that, go to the C:\\Windows\\SoftwareDistribution\\ region and delete the entirety that is positioned in this folder.
- Once done, click on Windows key + R, kind or press services. MSc, and press Enter again.
- Locate the Windows Update service, and Background Intelligent Transfer service, and in Cryptographic services.
- Double-click on each of them and select Start from the drop-down menu.
- Close everything, restart the system, and strive to run Windows 10/11 Updates.
- You can attempt restarting the Windows Update carrier by using opening the Services app, Finding the Windows Update service,
- And choosing “Restart” from the right-click menu.
Run Windows Update trouble-shooter:
- Firstly, go to the Start menu.
- go to Settings – Click – Settings tab to view the settings and customize the areas of your PC.
- Next, press on to Search button and then click on Troubleshoot preference button.
- Once you press on Troubleshoot go to “Other Trouble-shooter” option
- In the Other Trouble-shooter tab, select out the fourth wish button “Windows Update” and hit on Run button
- Windows Troubleshoot
- Finally, we positioned that Windows Troubleshooting is achieved and the trouble-shooter made some adjustments to his/her PC
- At closing faucet on the Yes button to restore this issue
Third-party software program conflicts: Third-party software program such as antivirus applications or firewalls can occasionally fighting with Windows 10 Update and purpose windows 11 update error code 0x80096004. You can strive disabling any third-party software program quickly and see if the update error 0x80096004. goes away.
How to shortly Disable Antivirus:
- Open Antivirus application (McAfee or Norton or AVG) installed on the system.
- Click on settings and go to real time protection.
- Select Turn Off real time protection.
- Navigate to Antivirus firewall and select Turn off Antivirus Firewall.
How to disable home windows defender
- Open to Windows Security
- Open to the Virus in domestic home windows invulnerable window
- Press on to Manage settings, the Virus & danger protection.
- Switch Real-time safety to Off.
In summary, windows 10/11 update error code 0x80096004 can be prompted through a range of issues, such as digital certificates problems, corrupt device files, Windows 10 Update carrier issues, and third-party software program conflicts. By figuring out and addressing the underlying issue, you can commonly unravel this windows error 0x80096004 and deploy or replace the preferred application on your windows computer.
How To Fix Error code 0x800f0825 in windows 10/11 update March 30, 2023
Solutions to fix windows 10/11 update Error code 0x800700B7 March 29, 2023
Fix Error code 0x800F0923 in windows 10/11 update March 28, 2023