Windows 10/11 update Error code 0x800700B7 is a common error that indicates an issue with input/output (I/O) operations. This windows 11 update Error 0x800700B7 message is usually encountered when performing disk-related tasks like copying, moving, or deleting files and folders.
There are several solutions you can try to resolve this Windows 10/11 Error code 0x800700B7
Method 1: Run hardware diagnostic tool steps:
- It’s essential to check your hardware and ensure that your hard drive and RAM are functioning properly. You can run a hardware diagnostic tool to identify and fix any issues that may cause the Windows 10/11 update Error 0x800700B7.
- Running a hardware diagnostic tool can help identify potential hardware issues with your computer. Here are some steps to follow:
- Identify a hardware diagnostic tool that is compatible with your computer. Many computer manufacturers provide their own diagnostic tools, and there are also third-party options available.
- Download and install the diagnostic tool on your computer. Follow the installation instructions provided by the tool’s developer.
- Launch the diagnostic tool and select the tests you want to run. Most diagnostic tools provide a range of tests for different hardware components, such as the CPU, RAM, hard drive, and graphics card.
- Start the tests and let them run to completion. Depending on the size of your hard drive and the number of tests you select, this process can take anywhere from a few minutes to several hours.
- Review the results of the diagnostic tests. The tool should provide a report of any issues it found, as well as recommendations for how to address them.
- If the diagnostic tool identifies hardware issues, take appropriate action to address them. This may involve replacing a faulty component, updating drivers, or adjusting settings in your computer’s BIOS.
- If the diagnostic tool does not identify any issues, but you are still experiencing hardware problems, consider seeking additional help from a professional technician. They may be able to identify more subtle issues that the diagnostic tool missed.
Ensure that all your device drivers are up-to-date or reinstall them if necessary. Updating your drivers can help resolve any issues caused by outdated or incorrect drivers.
Run SFC SCAN To fix windows 11 update Error code 0x800700B7
Run the System File Checker (SFC) utility to scan and repair any corrupted or damaged system files.
SFC scan to fix the broken or corrupt file.
Open Windows Terminal in Admin
Type SFC /scan now in the command prompt window
Wait for the scan to finish.
You will get the following message on the command windows “Windows Resource Protection” may indicate that the SFC program detected no integrity issues or found corrupt or broken files but could not repair some of them.
If SFC finds no issues, that you can now close the Windows Terminal console. ”
If SFC finds any issue, type the command below in same window
DISM/Online /Clean-up-Image/restore health.
Disabling any third-party software temporarily steps
- You can try disabling any third-party software or anti-virus program temporarily to check if they are causing the issue.
- Open the task manager: Press “Ctrl+Shift+Esc” or “Ctrl+Alt+Delete” on your keyboard, then click on “Task Manager”.
- Identify the software: In the task manager, look for the software that you want to disable. You can sort the list by name, CPU usage, or memory usage to help you find it.
- End the task: Once you have identified the software, right-click on it and select “End task” from the context menu. This will stop the software from running.
- Disable startup programs: To prevent the software from running automatically when you start your computer, you can disable it from the startup programs list.
- To access this list, press “Windows key + R” on your keyboard, type “msconfig” in the “Run” dialog box, and press “Enter”. In the “Startup” tab, uncheck the box next to the software that you want to disable.
- Use safe mode: If you’re having trouble disabling the software while in normal mode, you can try booting your computer in safe mode.
- To do this, restart your computer, then press and hold the F8 key as your computer boots up. This will bring up the advanced boot options menu. From here, select “Safe Mode”.
- Press “Enter”. Once you’re in safe mode, you can try disabling the software again.
- Remember that disabling third-party software can cause problems with your computer’s functionality.
Run check Disk utility steps:
- Open to File Explorer and right-click on the drive that you want to check.
- Select to “Properties” from the drop-down menu.
- Press “Tools” tab in the Properties window.
- Under “Error checking,” click on “Check” button.
- If prompted, select “Scan drive” to check for errors or “Scan and repair drive” to fix any windows update Error 0x800700B7 found during the scan.
- If the drive is in use and cannot be checked, you will be asked to schedule a disk check for the next time you restart your computer.
- Restart your computer to allow the Check Disk utility to run.
- Once the Check Disk utility completes the scan, it will display the results in the Event Viewer.Note: It is recommended to close all open files and programs before running the Check Disk utility. Also, it may take some time to complete the scan depending on the size of the drive and the extent of any errors found.
Restoring Windows can refer to several different things, depending on the specific situation you are facing. Here are some common scenarios and their corresponding steps for restoring Windows:
Reset Windows to previous point in time:
Press to the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.
Enter in field “rstrui.exe” and press Enter to open the System Restore wizard.
Follow the on-screen instructions to choose a restore point and restore your system to that point in time.
Reset Windows to its original factory settings:
- Back up any important files and data before proceeding, as this will erase everything on your system.
- Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings app.
- Click on “Update & Security” > “Recovery”.
- Under “Reset this PC”, click “Get started” and follow the on-screen instructions to reset your system to its original factory settings.Conclusion :
- If you have problem while doing this method, we recommend you to chat with our online experts. I am sure they will guide you and help resolve this issue. You can also visit website for more details and more information.
Fix Error code 0x80072EFE in windows 10/11 update April 5, 2023