The error code 0x80070BC9 is a Windows 10/11 Update that indicates a problem with the installation of updates. This windows 10 update error code 0x80070BC9 can occur when the Windows 10/11 Update service encounters a problem during the installation of an update. The windows 11 update error code 0x80070BC9 can appear in different forms, including “ERROR_INSTALL_REJECTED” or “CBS_E_INSTALLERS_FAILED”.
Causes of this windows 10/11 update Error Code 0x80070BC9
Conflicts with other software or services
Insufficient disk space
Network connectivity issues.
Here are some potential solutions to try windows 11 update Error Code 0x80070BC9:
Run the Windows Update trouble-shooter:
Windows includes a built-in tool to diagnose and fix common Windows Update problems.
To use it, go to Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot > Windows Update, and then select Run the trouble-shooter.
Run SFC Scan to fix windows 10 update Error code 0x80070BC9:
- The System File Checker (SFC) is a Windows tool that scans for and repairs corrupt or missing system files. Steps to perform an SFC scan:
- Open the Command Prompt as an administrator. To do this, right-click on the Start menu button and select “Command Prompt (Admin)”.
- Command Prompt window, type to the following given command and press Enter:
- Wait for the scan to complete. This may take period, depends on the size of system and number of files that need to be scan.
- If scan is complete, you will see one of the following given messages:
- “Windows Resource Protection founded corrupt files and successful repair them.”
- “Windows Resource Protection founded corrupt files but unable to fix few of them.”
- If the first message appears, the SFC scan successfully repaired the corrupt files. If the second message appears,
- you will need to run the scan again in safe mode or use other advanced repair methods.
- After the scan is complete, restart your computer to apply any repairs that were made.
Disable a proxy connection:
The steps to disable a proxy connection will depend on the operating system and browser you are using. Here are some general instructions that should work for most systems:
- Click on to the Start menu and Choose the Settings.
- Click on Network & Internet.
- Click on Proxy on the left side menu.
- Toggle the switch for “Use a proxy server” to the off position.
Reset the Windows Update components:
Sometimes, resetting the Windows 10/11 Update components can help resolve update-related windows update error 0x80070BC9 To do this, open Command Prompt as an administrator and run the following commands one by one:
- net stop wuauserv
- net stop cryptSvc
- net stop bits
- net stop msiserver
- Ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
- Ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 catroot2.old
- net start wuauserv
- net start cryptSvc
- net start bits
- net start msiserver
Check for available disk space:
Make sure that you have enough free space on your system drive to install windows 10/11 updates. If your system drive is running low on space, consider removing unnecessary files or applications to free up some space.
Disable third-party antivirus or firewall software:
Disabling your antivirus software should be done with caution, as it can leave your computer vulnerable to malware and other security threats. However, if you need to temporarily disable your antivirus software for a specific reason, such as to install a program that is being incorrectly flagged as malicious, you can follow these general steps to disable it in Windows:
- Click the Windows Start button and search for “Windows Security.”
- Click on “Virus & threat protection.”
- Click on to “Manage settings” option under the “Virus & threat protection settings.”
- Toggle the switch for “Real-time protection” to the off position.
- Note that this will only disable real-time scanning, and other aspects of your antivirus software may still be active.
- If you want to completely disable your antivirus software, you may need to access its settings or control panel.
- Look for options such as “Disable protection” or “Turn off antivirus.” Keep in mind that the specific steps may vary depending on the antivirus software you are using.
- Once you have disabled your antivirus software, make sure to re-enable it as soon as you have finished the task that required it to be disabled.
- This will help ensure that your computer stays protected from security threats.
It is important to remember that disabling your antivirus software should only be done as a last resort and for a specific reason. Leaving your computer without antivirus protection for an extended period can be very risky.
Check your network connection:
Make sure that your computer is connected to the internet and that your network connection is stable. If you are using a VPN or a proxy server, try disabling them temporarily and see if that resolves the windows 10/11 update error 0x80070BC9
Perform a clean boot:
A clean boot disables all non-essential services and startup items, which can help identify if a third-party application or service is causing the windows 11 update error code 0x80070BC9.
To do a clean boot,
Open the System Configuration utility.
By process of typing “msconfig” into the search box
Then select “Selective startup”.
And uncheck “Load startup items.”
Install updates manually:
If the above methods don’t work, try downloading and installing the updates manually from the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
Check for hardware issues: In rare cases, the windows 10 update error code 0x80070BC9 could be caused by hardware issues such as faulty RAM or hard drive. Run hardware diagnostic tests to identify and fix any issues.
If you have problem while doing this method, we recommend you to chat with our online experts. I am sure they will guide you and help resolve this issue. You can also visit website for more details and more information.
Fix Error code 0x80072EFE in windows 10/11 update April 5, 2023