Error code 0x80246017 is a Windows 10/11 Update that suggests a trouble with downloading or installing in updates on your system. When you encounter upon this windows 10 error 0x80246017, you may additionally see a message that reads “There had been issues putting in some windows updates, however we are going to strive once more later.
There are several motives why you would possibly see this windows 10 error code 0x80246017:
Network connection issues: If your community connection is unstable or too slow, you can also no longer be in a position to download windows updates from Microsoft servers, main to the update 0x80246017 error.
Corrupted replace files: Sometimes, the replace archives downloaded through Windows 11 Update can come to be corrupted, which can purpose the replace set up to fail.
Software conflicts: Conflicts with third-party software program hooked up on your system, such as antivirus programs, firewalls, or different protection software, can intervene with the replace set up method and reason the windows 10 update 0x80246017 error.
System documents corruption: If your gadget documents are corrupted, this can reason Windows Update to fail when trying to set up updates, ensuing in the 0x80246017 error.
To troubleshoot this windows 11 error code 0x80246017, you can attempt the following steps:
- Firstly, go to the Start menu.
- Click – Settings tab to view the settings and customize the areas of your PC.
- Next, press on to Search button and then click on Troubleshoot alternative button
- Once you click on Troubleshoot go to “Other Trouble-shooter” option
- In the Other Trouble-shooter tab, choose out the fourth preference button “Windows Update” and hit on Run button
- Windows Troubleshoot
- Finally, we located that Windows Troubleshooting is completed and the trouble-shooter made some changes to his/her PC.
- At last tap on the Yes button to repair this issue
Check your net connection: Ensure that you have a steady and quick web connection. If it is necessary, reboot your modem and router.
Disable third-party software: Temporarily disable any third-party safety software, consisting of antivirus programs, firewalls, or any other safety software, to see if they are inflicting the issue.
How to quickly Disable Antivirus:
- Open Antivirus Application (McAfee or Norton or AVG) established on the computer.
- Click on settings and go to proper time protection.
- Select Turn Off proper time protection.
- Navigate to the Antivirus firewall and pick Turn off Antivirus Firewall.
How to disable home windows defender
- Open Windows Security
- Open Virus & risk in home windows tightly closed window
- click on to Manage settings, beneath the Virus &threat hazard protection.
- Switch Real-time protection to Off.
Clear the Windows Update cache: Clear the Windows 11 Update cache by way of opening the Command Prompt as an administrator and typing in the following command:
“Net quit wuauserv &
rider /s /q %winder%\Software Distribution
internet begin wuauserv “.
Solve Windows 10/11 Update cache the use of the steps here:
- Press to Search and kind Services.
- Then Press – Enter.
- Go to the Background Intelligent Transfer Service. Right Tap on it and then Stop.
- View for it – Windows Update.
- End this in the equal way we counselled above.
- Now, click on Win+ E and navigate to folder.
- Hit “Ctrl+ A” to pick out all devices delivered there and then Press – Delete. Another way you can in addition right-press and pick out the Delete choice button.
- Again, go on to the Services window.
- Right-click on “Background Intelligent Transfer Service” and “Windows Update” one by way of one and press Start.
You shouldn’t locate windows 10/11 update Error code 0x80246017 after placing this all strategy into effect. Furthermore, you can in addition go for checking the corrupted laptop archives in case of failure to get to the backside of the issue.
Perform Sfc scan file check:
- Open the Command Prompt as an administrator.
- And press in the beneath command: “sfc /scan now”.
- To scan for corrupted device files.
Ns lookup for server
- open command prompt
- And kind ns lookup update.microsoft.com
- The server title ought to have Microsoft in it, if it has persisted the under steps, if it does not have your PC is now not connecting to Microsoft server, discuss to specialists on chat.
Now for the DISM scan
- Right click on Command Prompt and Choose Run as Administrator
- Type the instructions and Press to Enter key after every command.
- exe /Online /Clean-up-image /Scan health
- exe /Online /Clean-up-image /Restore health.
- To shut the Administrator tab
- Press Exit in the Command Prompt window and then faucet Enter.
If none of the above step’s work, you can strive resetting your Windows 10 Update elements or performing an easy setup of Windows. Additionally, you may additionally choose to contact Microsoft guide for in addition assistance.
Disclaimer: We suggest you do the lower back up previously earlier than we proceed these steps, in the route of reset Windows eleven and Windows 10 update set up performance that all your archives and settings will be misplaced or misplaced all thru the reset process.
How to reset home windows 10?
- Choose the Start button alternative > Settings > System > Recovery, and then to Open Recovery settings.
- Go to Reset this device, pick out choice to Reset device . Then pick out from the alternatives and/or settings in the given desk.
How to reset home windows 11?
1.Select the Start button &>Settings > System >Recovery, and then Open Recovery settings.
2.Go for Reset this system, choose out choices to Reset PC or system. Then choose from the methods and/or to settings in the given desk under.
How To Fix Error code 0x800f0825 in windows 10/11 update March 30, 2023
Solutions to fix windows 10/11 update Error code 0x800700B7 March 29, 2023
Fix Error code 0x800F0923 in windows 10/11 update March 28, 2023