This Article describes the Office Outlook Error code 0x80040600. It is not working properly with an error While some performing actions like Sending or Receiving emails or configure emails etc. This maybe looks like An Unknown Error has Occurred, 0x80040600. In this case, you have to repair the Outlook PST file using the Microsoft’s Outlook Inbox Repair Tool (Scanpst.exe).
Disclaimers: Fixing an error on Office program deals with your documents, emails, spreadsheets, and presentations. Please backup your data before you proceed. If you are not sure about the procedure, contact the technician for the support.
Applicable to the following versions of Outlook solution:
- Outlook 2016, 2019, 365
- Microsoft Office 365/2019/2016
Causes of Office Outlook Error 0x80040600:
- Internet Connectivity Issue
- Temp files location is infected with active malware
- Power corruption
- Disk damage and other unknown reasons
Symptoms of Outlook Error 0x80040600:
- program lock-ups
- slow PC performance
- system freezes
- startup and shutdown problems
- installation errors and hardware failure.
How to Resolve the Office Outlook Error code 0x80040600:
- Check proxy settings.
- Check corrupt system files.
- Enable the Hidden files & folders view.
- Run the Inbox Repair tool-Scanpst.exe
1. Check Proxy Settings:
- Click the start button at the corner of the system and then search the control panel.
- Once the control panel is opened and then click the Network & Internet option.
- After that go to the Internet Options then open the Internet property Window.
- Then click on connections tab then right at the bottom click on LAN settings make sure automatically detect settings is checked on the automatic configurations option.
- Most LAN configurations these days don’t need proxy server settings.
2. Check Corrupt System Files:
- Press Windows Key + R. Run Dialogue Box will open up.
- Enter CMD and Press OK.
- In a command prompt copy the following commands and enter the each command
- The SFC /scan now command will scan all protected system files, and replace corrupted files with a cached copy that is located in a compressed folder at %WinDir%\System32\dllcache.
- The %WinDir% placeholder represents the Windows operating system folder. For example, C:\Windows.
- After the process is finished, you may receive one of the following messages:
- Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.
- Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.
- Next Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them. Details are included in the CBS.Log %WinDir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log.
- Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log %WinDir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log.
3. Enable the Hidden Files & Folders view:
- Open the Windows Control Panel and then Open Folder Options after that Click the View tab.
- Then Check to enable the Show hidden files, folders, and drives option then Click OK button.
4. Run the Inbox Repair tool-SCANPST.EXE
- First Close Outlook then Open Windows Explorer and locate the scanpst.exe repair tool at this location:C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\%OfficeVersion%\SCANPST.EXE
- Double-click to open SCANPST.EXE and Click the Browse.
- Locate the corrupted Outlook data file (e.g. Outlook.pst) at this location.
Note: In Outlook 2013, the Outlook Data file is stored by default at:
- Press the Scan button and be patient until the Inbox Repair Tool repairs the corrupted file.
Note: At final repair phase you will be asked if you want to create a backup. Answer “Yes” to continue the repair operation.
- Error 0x80040600
- Run the tool, and browse to the following location to choose the Outlook data file which you want to repair.
- Click Start, which will start the repair process.
Note: The repair might take a long time depending on the size of Data file.
- 7. After the scanning is complete you will be prompted to click repair.
Note: -You will need to uncheck cache mode.
*If repair process will not work in your case, then recreate OST
Other Repair options,
Related issues to error 0x80040600 in Office Outlook 2007:
Error Code 0x80040600,Error Code 0x8000CCC0D,Error Code 0x80042108,Error Code 0x800CC92,Error Code 0x8DE00002,ErrorCode 0x8004102A,Error Code 0X800CCC80,Error Code 0x800CCC92,Error Code 0x80042109 ,Error Code Ox8004210B , Error Code 0x8000ccc90,Error code 0x800ccc19,Error code 0x800ccc90,Error code 0x80041059
Microsoft chat support, Microsoft live support, Microsoft live chat support, Microsoft support live chat, Microsoft live support chat, Live support chat, Windows support chat, Windows chat support, Windows tech support chat, Windows live support chat
Fix Error code 0x80072EFE in windows 10/11 update April 5, 2023