The 0x8024800c error is a timeout problem that can occur from a problem with the data store SDF folder. Users have resolved the installer encountered an windows 10/11 update error 0x8024800c difficulty by means of clearing the data kept for Windows Update. Repairing the system document files is any other attainable Windows 10 error 0x8024800c
Causes of windows10/11update Error code 0x8024800c :
- Damaged device files– Some system documents want a repair.
- An out-of-sync Software Distribution cache – The Software Distribution records keep is out of sync, which means this update error 0x8024800c is a timeout trouble (it has a WU_E_DS_LOCKTIMEOUTEXPIRED end result string).
- Corrupted Windows 11 Update elements – Error 0x8024800c in windows update is prompted by way of inaccurate Windows 10 Update factors (files).
- Now that we recognize the motives at the back of this problem, let’s get to the genuine solutions.
Windows Troubleshoot error code 0x8024800c
- Firstly, go to the Start menu
- Click – Settings tab to view the settings and customize the areas of your PC
- Next, tap on Search button and then click on Troubleshoot option
- Once you click on Troubleshoot go to “Other Troubleshooter” option
- Similarly, in the Other Troubleshooter tab, pick out the fourth alternative “Windows Update” and hit on Run button
- Windows Troubleshoot
- Finally, we observed that Windows Troubleshooting is accomplished and the troubleshooter made some modifications to his/her PC At last tap on the Yes button to fix this issue
- Windows Troubleshoot
SDF Cleaning Method
In this method, we recreate the software program distribution folder through deleting all brief documents in it.
- Go to C:/ drive, then open the home windows named folder in it
- Open Software Distribution folder (SDF)
- Open the Data Store folder and then delete all archives and folders in it
- Again go returned to the Software Distribution folder, open the Download folder and delete all documents in it
- Note: whilst deleting, it can also be immediate for admin permission. If you are log in as an admin user. simply click on adequate to proceed
Run and Sfc scan to fix windows 10/11 update Error code 0x8024800c
- Click Win + X to open the Power User menu.
- Select the Run alternative from the menu list. Alternatively, use the Win + R keyboard
- shortcut once directly to get acess to the Run command box.
- Type “cmd” in the text box container and press Ctrl + Shift + Enter.
- When UAC seems on the screen, click on Yes to open the Command instantaneous as an administrator.
- In the Command Prompt window, type the under command and hit Enter:
- sfc /scan now
- Wait for the scan to complete. This might also take a while, so be patient.
Sfc scan to fix windows 11 update Error code 0x8024800c
- Right click windows start button
- Select Terminal ( Admin )
- Type in sfc /scan now and click enter, wait till scan completes.
Ns lookup for server
- open command prompt
- And type ns lookup update.microsoft.com
- The server name should have Microsoft in it, if it has continued the below steps, if it doesn’t have your PC is not connecting to Microsoft server, talk to experts on chat.
Now for the DISM scan
- Firstly, right press on Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator
- After that, type the following commands and Press the Enter key after each command
- exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scan health
- exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restore health
- To close the Administrator,
- Tap Exit in the Command Prompt window and then press Enter
Secondly go to Reset this PC, select option to Reset PC. Then choose from the options and/or settings in the given table below
In case we need to reset the Windows 10/11 update Error code 0x8024800c operating system. Refer the steps below to reset the system
Disclaimer: We propose you do the back up earlier than we proceed these steps, in the course of reset Windows 11 and Windows 10 set up capability that all your archives files and settings will be misplaced or lost throughout the reset process.
How to reset windows 10 ?
- Select the Start button option > Settings > System > Recovery, and then to Open Recovery settings.
- Go to Reset this system , select option to Reset system . Then select from the options and/or settings in the given table
How to reset windows 11 ?
- Select the Start button > Settings > System > Recovery, and then Open Recovery settings.
- Go to Reset this PC, pick out alternatives to Reset PC. Then pick out from the alternatives and/or settings in the given desk below
How To Fix Error code 0x800f0825 in windows 10/11 update March 30, 2023
Solutions to fix windows 10/11 update Error code 0x800700B7 March 29, 2023
Fix Error code 0x800F0923 in windows 10/11 update March 28, 2023