The above error code 30015-6(-1) primarily appears when you try to open Office program on a Windows 10 computers which are previously running on Windows 8.1. It has been observed that this error needs to repair or a reinstall and you can read the below information for more knowledge.
Disclaimers: Fixing an error on Office program deals with your documents, emails, spreadsheets, and presentations. Please backup your data before you proceed. If you are not sure about the procedure, contact the technician for the support.
Issue type : Error code 30015-6(-1)
Office programs will not open at all and give you an error code 1058-4. Even you get a different error code 30015-6(-1) when you try to repair or uninstall. This is found on Windows 8.1 upgraded to 10 machines recently.
First, do a disc clean up so that we can remove old-Microsoft office installation traces from your computer.
How to do disc-cleanup :-
Method-1 Creating shortcut :
1. Right click on your computer home screen, Goto “new” in the list and select “Shortcut “.
2. After clicking on a shortcut, a command prompt window will open and type the command “cleanmgr.exe” in it and name as you like to remember it as a disc clean up shortcut button.
3. Then an icon will appear on your home screen, click on it and select required disc to clean up. (Normally Software gets install on DRIVE: C which is default here).
4. Then a list of folders will appear, select temp folder, recycle bin and proceed to clean up the disc.
Watch this video to follow above steps for a disc cleanup.
1. Open drives window (shortcut CTRL+E and choose PC name from right side panel )
2. Right click on C: Cleandrive and select properties.
3. In the properties window select cleans up button to proceed and then follow the step-4 from method -1.
It takes some time if the computer has too many junk files to clean up.
If you have a different issue, we are welcome to investigate and provide a relevant solution.Here are few things which we can try to resolve this issue.
Firstly, The first attempt is to check if there is any previously installed program with the same version.
That needs to be removed and then the installation should be commenced from the beginning.
Secondly, If we don’t see any previously installed similar programs, it is recommended to run a network check through the command line.
The command prompt should be opened using the administrative permissions and then network command which needs to be executed as follows.
Irrespective of the version of your Office program, it is a very common line to check the status of your previously installed Office program.
The server name should not show you as unknown.
3. If the server name is shown as unknown, restart your router or the modem and execute the same steps again.
4. If the server check passes correctly, then use the other setup file which is related to 64 bit from advanced steps under office setup file.
5. If the error code still appears after the installation, attempt to repair the office programs.
6. If the Office repair fails again with some error, a reinstallation of Office is required.
7. If the Office repair succeeds and you still see the same error code, then perform a system file scan on your Windows using the following steps.
For instance, you can perform a system file scan process which can be started in a command prompt window with administrative rights.
Certainly, SFC /SCANNOW is the command line which needs to be executed.
How to do an SFC scan:-
1. Click on the start button and type “cmd”
2. Open “Command Prompt window” and type “SFC/SCANNOW” PRESS enter button,
3. In addition, The scanning process start and this process take some time to finish. Please wait until it gives results.
This video shows how to do SFC scan.
If the computer says, no integrity violations found, then try to reinstall the program which may sometimes replace the corrupted files on your office program.
If that fails to work, it is require to repair the Windows operating system.
It is also found that Windows will scan very slowly and may show you a sluggishness while opening the events on your computer.
It is also recommend to run the Windows updates regularly, make sure it is set to automatic updates. Otherwise manually install the updates from your end. The Windows 10 updates will download the latest drivers required for your computer hardware irrespective of brand or the manufacturer. All the driver updates for Windows 10 are sent along with Windows 10 updates only.
If you would like to have a support taken through a technical assistance, feel free to initiate a chat or write us on firstname.lastname@example.org with the complete information of the computer make and model, office or windows operating system versions and the best time to reach you for support.
Likewise, we provide support for Microsoft products like Windows and Office and Outlook, we can also setup free tools provide and include with Microsoft Windows and can train you on how to use them to maintain the health of your computer.
In Conclusion, you can also ask for System Repair Image support or some Recovery help, certainly we also restore your computer to a point when it was working fine without any issues.
Feel free to chat with us for any support. A free assistance can be provide for all the basic troubleshooting without any additional resources.