Outlook Unlicensed Product :
Many Outlook users are getting the ‘Unlicensed Product’ error at every initiation even when they pay for the subscription. The issue is not operative System exclusive as it comes even with office 365 and with office 2016 too.
You might be the one dealing with a network discontinuity. The easiest troubleshoot can be managed by running the Activation troubleshooter that is compatible with office 365 or the one you use.
If you don’t get any specific recommendations, it’s time to make some adjustments.
To resolve the issue you can try eliminating any element manually that gets recommended, Also you should try to do some adjustments and should manually remove every element that involves office activation via CMD or a Registry Editor and Credentials Manager in case they could help you out in dealing and resolving the issue.
Method 1: Running the Activation troubleshooter
This is a built-in utility that holds a series of generic troubleshooting steps. This can be applied automatically in case a familiar scenario is discovered. Many users have successfully got rid of this issue and the below-given instructions would be helpful to them in resolving the issue
These steps would guide you to run the activation trouble shooter. You need to apply this on the affected Office suite and resolve the ‘Unlicensed Product’ error:
- Accessing the Advanced menu
You need to ensure whether the box associated with repair application gets automatically checked or not.
Furthermore, click Next to explore the advance or the next menu.
- Starting the Activation Troubleshooter
You need to wait until the tool find any error with your Office licenses. In case the tool identify any viable repair scenario.
You just need to click on Apply the troubleshoot to resolve your error.
Once the operation is done, reboot your system and wait for the next startup to complete.
In case the same problem is persisting, move down to the next potential fix below.
Method 2: Resetting Office Activation
‘Unlicensed Product’ error is very common for users who switch devices very frequently. These devices when use a single license subscription or are used for companies that frequently add or get different Office 365 tenants.
If this situation is applicable to your system, you will be able to fix the issue by clearing the unnecessary cache from 4 different locations.
By clearing your system you will be able to reset the activation.
Try to install Office again in a clean state.
The procedure below invclude checking the status of license status by using of an ‘ospp. vbs:‘ script.
You should follow the procedure by uninstalling the keys along tthw previous Office programs. These office programs might be interfering with the validation process.
You can reset complete Office activation, follow the instructions below:
- Make sure that the office products Outlook, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and every other program belonging to the Office suite are completely closed.
- There must not be any associated background process.
- Hit the Windows key along with R on your keyboard. This will explore a Run dialog box.
- Inside the Run text box, type ‘cmd’
- Press the keys Ctrl + Shift + Enter to open up an high end Command Prompt window.
- Inside the elevated CMD window, you need to type the command
“C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft office\office15>cscript ospp.vbs /dstatus”
- Hit the Enter key on your keyboard. You can view the Office 365 license that’s currently being used by the system.
- Type the below quoted command “C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft office\office15>cscript ospp.vbs /unpkey: “Last 5 of installed product key”
- Hit the Enter key on your keyboard.
- This will result in uninstalling the Office Product key.
Don’t forget to replace “Last 5 of installed product keys” with the last 4 characters of the installed product key.
A message of confirmation will pop up mentioning ‘Product Key uninstall successfully’ that the operation was successful.
In case the same issue is still occurring, move down to the next potential fix below.
Method 3: Repairing the Office Installation
When you have tried the above-mentioned steps but have not got anything it’s time for a quick repair. The ‘Unlicensed Product’ error might be occurring because of some type of local corruption. It may originate in the Office installation folder many times.
If this is the case, you should resolve the issue by approaching the repair strategy. The Office installation after repair gets free from any type of corruption that might be responsible for the ‘Unlicensed Product’ error.
Follow the instructions for quick repairing:
- Hit Windows key + R to explore a Run dialog box.
- Enter ‘appwiz.cpl’ in the text box
- Hit Enter to explore the Programs and Features menu.
- Feed-in “appwiz.cpl”
- Hit Enter to get into the list of Installed Programs from the Programs and Features menu
- When you scroll down you can find all the installed applications
- Trace the Office installation that you are facing issues with.
- Once you see it, right-click on the option associated with Office and click on it to Change from the newly appeared context menu.
How to Access the repair menu from the Microsoft Office installation:
When entering the repair window, you need to choose the Online Repair option from the available options.
Wait until the operation gets completed. Don’t compromise with interrupting the network, you need a stable Internet connection to proceed with this repair method.
Once the operation gets completed, restart your system and check if the error is resolved or not.
How To Fix Outlook ‘Unlicensed Product’ Error?
The issue might lie with your Computer or a Laptop. You should try using applications that can scan the repositories, clear cache and replace corrupt and missing files. When nothing works, this application does.
If you have updated the recent subscription and have tried out all the possible troubleshooting, look for an IT professional to help you out. You can also check out the Microsoft help Center in case the issue is unique to your system.
Related Error codes :
Steps to fix Error code 0-2031 in Office 365/2021/2019 December 13, 2022
[Solved] Office Installation in Windows 10/11 December 13, 2022
How to fix Error code 30182-27 in Microsoft Office 2019/2021/365 December 13, 2022