Error code 0xc1900107 is a common error that can occur when trying to upgrade your computer to a new version of Windows. This windows 11 update Error 0xc1900107 typically indicates that there was a problem with the installation process, which prevented the upgrade from completing successfully.
Causes of this Windows 10/11 update Error 0xc1900107, including:
Incompatible hardware or software:
The new version of Windows may not be compatible with your computer’s hardware or software, which can cause the upgrade to fail.
Insufficient disk space:
The upgrade process requires a certain amount of free disk space on your computer. If you do not have enough space available, the upgrade may fail with Windows 11 update Error code 0xc1900107.
Corrupted system files:
If your computer has corrupted system files, the upgrade process may fail with windows 10 update Error code 0xc1900107.
Antivirus or security software:
Your antivirus or security software may be blocking the upgrade process, which can cause the update Error code 0xc1900107 to appear.
To fix Windows 10 update Error code 0xc1900107, there are several steps you can take:
Check your computer’s hardware and software compatibility with the new version of Windows update. You can do this by visiting the Microsoft website and checking the system requirements for the version of Windows you are trying to install.
Run the Windows Update Trouble-shooter:
- Open to the Control Panel: Press Start menu option and Enter to “Control Panel” in the search bar.
- Click on the Control Panel app to open it.
- Click on “Troubleshooting”: In the Control Panel, click on “Troubleshooting” option.
- Hit to “System and Security”: In the Troubleshooting window, con the “System and Security” option.
- Run the Windows Update trouble-shooter: Click on the “Fix problems with Windows Update” link under the “Windows” section. This will launch the Windows Update trouble-shooter.
- Follow the on-screen instructions: The trouble-shooter will ask you a series of questions and perform some automated checks. Follow the on-screen instructions and wait for the trouble-shooter to complete the scan.
- Apply any recommended fixes: Once the trouble-shooter has finished scanning, it will show a list of issues that were found. Apply any recommended fixes by clicking on the “Apply this fix” button.
- After the restart, check if Windows 10/11 Update Error code 0xc1900107 is working properly Or not
Remove $windows BT folder
The $Windows.~BT folder is usually created during the Windows upgrade process and contains the files necessary for rolling back to the previous version of Windows10/11. If you’re sure that you won’t need to roll back to your previous version of Windows, you can safely delete the $Windows.~BT folder to free up some disk space.
Here are the steps to remove the $Windows.~BT folder:
- Press the Windows key + E to open File Explorer.
- In left-hand pane, press to “This PC”.
- Double-click on the drive where Windows is installed. This is usually in the C: drive.
- In the top menu, click on the “View” tab.
- Check the box next to “Hidden items” to show hidden files and folders.
- Navigate to the $Windows.~BT folder. It should be located at C: $Windows.~BT.
- Right-press on the folder and select “Delete” option
- Confirm that you want to delete the folder by clicking “Yes” in the pop-up dialog box.
Note: Deleting the $Windows.~BT folder will remove the ability to revert to the previous version of Windows. Make sure you’re comfortable with this before proceeding.
Free up disk space
Free up disk space on your computer by removing unnecessary files and programs. You can use the Disk Clean-up tool to help with this.
Remove temporarily files to free up disk space steps
If you need to free up disk space on your computer, deleting temporary files is a great place to start. Here are the steps you can follow to remove temporary files on Windows.
- Go to “Start” menu and type the “Disk Cleanup” in the search bar.
- Click on the “Disk Cleanup” app that appears in the search results.
- Choose the drive that you want to clean up and click “OK.”
- Wait for Disk Cleanup to scan your computer for temporary files.
- Check the boxes next to the types of files you want to delete, such as “Temporary Internet Files” or “Temporary Files.”
- Tap “OK” to delete all the selected files.
- Alternatively, you can also use the built-in Windows Storage Sense feature to automatically clean up temporary files. Here’s how:
Open the “Settings” app.
Click on “System” and then “Storage.”
Toggle on “Storage Sense” if not already on.
Press on to “Configure Storage Sense or run it now.”
Choose how often you want Storage Sense to run and what files you want it to delete.
Click “Clean now” to manually run Storage Sense and delete temporary files.
SFC Scan To Fix Windows 10/11 update Error code 0xc1900107
Run a system file checker scan to check for and repair any corrupted system files. Running an SFC Scan to fix Windows 10 Error code 0xc1900107.
SFC scan to fix the broken or all corrupted files.
Open Windows Terminal in Admin
Type in SFC /scan now in the command window
Wait for the scan to finish.
You will get the following message on the command windows “Windows Resource Protection may indicates that SFC program detected no integrity issues / found corrupted or broken files but could not repair few of them.
If SFC finds no issues, you can now close the Windows Terminal console. ”
If SFC finds any issue, type the command below in same window.
DISM/Online /Clean-up-Image/restore health.
Temporarily disable your antivirus or security software during the Windows upgrade process.
How to temper disable Antivirus.
Open Antivirus application (McAfee or Norton or AVG) installed on the computer.
Click on settings and go to real time protection.
Select Turn Off real time protection.
Navigate to Antivirus firewall and select Turn off Antivirus Firewall.
How to disable windows defender
Open Windows Security
Open Virus & threat in windows security window
click on Manage settings, under Virus & threat protection.
Switch Real-time protection to Off.
If you have problem while doing this method, we recommend you to chat with our online experts. I am sure they will guide you and help resolve this issue. You can also visit website for more details and more information.
Fix Error code 0x80072EFE in windows 10/11 update April 5, 2023